Thanks to everyone that attended our December General Meeting & Holiday Party at Waverly Elementary!
The meeting started with some announcements from community partners
- Civic Works came to speak on two programs
- Toys for Tots Celebration
- December 15th – 5-8:30 at City Hall
- Bring an unwrapped new toy that can be passed along families in our city.
- Dr Greene – Waverly Elementary/Middle Principal
- Big (positive) changes are taking place at the school since Dr. Greene started this summer
- Open door policy
- Reach out to Dr Green with any and all concerns
- Youth Center
- We’re in the process of acquring the old Venable school for our Youth Center
- Prior to opening the main building, the program will start in the Annex building
- This will require fundraising, outreach, marketing…stay tuned!
- Future Plan
- MSU City Planning Studio class has put together a snapshot of our community and what they think would be good for the community based on meetings with residents
- We will begin collaborating with Ednor Gardens-Lakeside and Better Waverly on the newsletter
See you on March 6th for the next General Meeting! Below are the General Meetings dates for all of 2018; get them on your calendar! Continue to visit the website for updates on other meetings and community happenings.
- March 6th
- June 5th
- September 4th
- December 4th